All I can honestly say is, "WOW!
Almost three years ago, the church I pastor decided to take on the project of remodeling the church parsonage so Cathy and I could live in it. The house had sat empty since 1998 so you can imagine how much work needed to be done.
We started out with new windows and vinyl siding and then moved to the inside doing much of the work ourselves. There were times that I seriously doubted that we would ever get it all done. Time constraints on volunteer workers sometimes slowed the process to what seemed to be a grinding halt. The work that we did hire a contractor for didn't seem to move any quicker. I must confess that, at times, the frustration was quite overwhelming and I was tempted to give up.
On January 16, 2016, we moved in and for me it was a much welcome event. On that day, an amazing thing happened.
Isaiah 40:31 came true again for me in a very special way. Here it is:
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.". Isaiah 40:31 KJV
http://bible.com/1/isa.40.31.KJV
On that day, my strength was renewed, I soared on eagle's wings. As the day progressed, we had as many as eleven people helping us move in. The excitement in the air that day felt like it did on the day I preached my first sermon here six years ago. It felt like I was the " new Preacher " coming to town for the first time. It was such a blessing to Cathy and me.
I see it as a blessing to our congregation, also. I believe that this excitement can be channeled into our ministry outreach. I believe it can make a huge impact on the spirit of our services. I am praying for and expecting great things to be done for God's glory. Thank you Ben Avenue Free Will Baptist Church for loving God and loving your Pastor. You have been used to bring a whirlwind of blessings on your Preacher and his wife. We love you more than you can imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment